THE BLOB.
It came from outer space, I swear! Or, well, it might have come out of a saucepan that somehow found itself on the stove top in my kitchen. The really odd thing is, this is how I was hoping it would turn out! Yes, hard to believe that a big white gelatinous glob was actually a desirable result, but there it is.
This was actually the first step in a frosting recipe I made this week. Called simply "Rich Vanilla Frosting," it began by combining milk and flour in a sealed container and shaking them together. Then I was to cook it until thickened, and chill at least 2 hours in a "small bowl." Finally it was added to a butter, sugar, and vanilla mixture, one-fourth at a time.
The resulting frosting was actually fairly good, tasting much more like a whipped frosting than a standard butter-cream. I really only had a couple problems with it. First of all, the blob didn't completely dissolve in the butter/sugar, and small pieces could be seen in the end product. Didn't seem to affect the taste, much, so that was good! The other issue was another problem with texture, and this was that the sugar (plain granulated) also didn't really dissolve in the butter, leaving a grainy texture to the overall recipe. If I make this again, I will probably try a finer grain sugar, and maybe beat it longer after adding the "blobby" part.
If you're interested in trying this unique recipe yourself, I found it at this website.
No comments:
Post a Comment