This will widen the number of my blogs, but narrow this one back to mostly baking and the fur-babies.
Speaking of which...
So the other night we decided to make a campfire in our fire-pit in the back yard. We brought hot dogs, buns, giant marshmallows, and all the makings for s'mores. Ember was thrilled to be outside with us for once, rather than outside by herself. She got to eat a hot dog, and was even sitting right up next to the fire pit. (She used to cower in the corner of the yard when we had a fire!)
I thought the fire was particularly lovely, and tried to snap some photos of it... hard to do in the dark and with the movement of the flames, but I got a couple pics.
As I mentioned above, Ember doesn't like being outside alone. In the mornings, she knows my routine well enough to know when I'm getting ready to leave for work. She will then put herself to "bed" (in the bathroom), preferring to be locked up all day rather than stay out in the nice big back yard.
Last night we were watching Ghostbusters, and heard an eerie sound coming from outside. Really, I mean the hairs on my arms stood straight up, it was that chilling! Well, it was the dog. Silly pup thinks that when she hears a siren in the distance it's some other lonely dog crying out it's sorrow, and she feels the need to communicate back with it! She only does this when she thinks she's alone, and it's funny but creepy, too. Wish I could get it recorded- it would make a great Halloween sound effect!
No comments:
Post a Comment