You all know the old poem:
"What are little boys made of? Snips and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of!
What are little girls made of? Sugar and spice and everything nice, that's what little girls are made of!"
Right? Well, if you don't, you do now!
Ok, so just being up front and honest with everyone, I've never had a Blog. I have had a fanfiction site, actually a couple of them, but I figure a blog is rather different than fanfiction! I also have never really done a lot of "putting yourself out there for the whole world to view and admire"- no MySpace, no Facebook. Concern about privacy and the overwhelming nature of people posting on one's wall, made me run screaming in the other direction. So why did I, when a friend pointed out that a Blog could put a lot more of myself out there than Facebook, did I decide that, yes, I must have one of my very own?
I have no idea. :)
But I am a woman, and as science has shown us that we of the female persuasion feel the need to use at least 20,000 words a day, while our male counterparts use a measly 7,000 (on average, of course), I figured this would be as good a way as any to relieve myself of any unused words for the day. My husband will thank me, I'm sure!!
Well a little about me, and a bit about my plans for this blog...
As I noted in my profile, I have a wide range of interests and hobbies. These run the gamut from some very girly hobbies, to interests that one would expect more from a teenage boy than a young woman! So I'm eclectic (I like that word so much better than 'weird') and decided to bring my unique personality to this blog. So, hence the title, seeing as I seem to be made of all of the above!!
It is my intention, at least starting out, to focus this blog mainly on two of said interests- baking and my pets. My title therefore works in a dual capacity, as I'll be putting in plenty of sugar and spice, and will throw in the puppy dog tails as the mood strikes!
Just be forewarned that random things may also creep in such as the occasional foray into fanfiction, references to giant autonomous robots from the planet Cybertron, or a general exploration of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, in whatever form it takes in my mind on any given day.
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment