This past weekend was a busy one for us! Our trip to Lindsborg was great, then after we finished at Heritage park we headed back to Wichita to the annual Flight Festival!

Static displays, aerial acrobatics, loud music and greasy fair foods were the highlights of the airshow! We arrived around noon, just as the aerial acts were getting started. Most of the pilots flew in biplanes, but there were also displays done in jets, a glider, and military planes. Loop-de-loops, steep climbs and dives, flying upside down or performing 4, 6, or 8 point turns: all death defying demonstrations of the aircrafts' abilities.
Now I have to admit, watching the daring feats performed by brave (or crazy?) pilots was exciting, but I'm not an extreme airplane buff. My dear hubby, on the other hand... is. He was a handy narrator throughout the day, giving history of this plane, technical aspects of that. Sometimes the information was really more than I needed, but one must humor one's spouse, yes?
Some of the highlights of the day included:
![]() |
| Cool static displays of new and antique aircraft, like this colorful biplane. |
A fantastic rocket-powered truck that traveled down the runway at over 300 mph!
A bright orange and yellow jet fighter that did high-speed loops and dives.
A beautiful, but crazy, wing-walker who did her own acrobatics on top of the airplane... in mid-flight!!! (She braced in between the wings for take-off then climbed up on top to fasten herself into the harness. As I said... crazy!!)
And, a set of biplanes that flew all their loops and tricks in tandem!
Overall a thrilling show. We capped our day with corn dogs and then I braved the deep-fried 3-Musketeer bar... it was interesting but definitely not something I'd eat every day! Or even every month. Once a year may possibly be too often! Melted chocolate seems to be much richer than solid chocolate, and if you encase it in hot, fried batter it's just a little too overwhelming for my tastes.
In closing, I've included a video of the biplanes' acrobatics. If you've never been to an airshow, I highly recommend it as something you need to experience at least once in your life!!





No comments:
Post a Comment