Ok, so I know it's not officially "fall" yet. I even know that, while we have finally had a break from 100+ temperatures all summer, the cooler weather still isn't quite cool enough to be called an "autumn chill". But I love fall. It's probably my most favoritest season of the year... Christmastime notwithstanding because it's not a "season" (no matter how many greeting cards proclaim otherwise), it is a month, a time, yes the "most wonderful time" of the year, but not really a season!
So Fall is my favorite season for many reasons which I will probably enumerate later. But for now, I want to talk about how fall has come to our house. This past weekend, celebrating the end of summer (and therefore the start of fall, right??) we took down all our normal decor and redid the house as a fall wonderland.
We added new decorations to our knick-knack shelves; even Cassie got into the sprirt!
I put together a pretty nice (if I do say so myself) centerpiece for the living room coffee table. We also added a centerpiece and nice decorative leaves over the dining room table.
We completed the effect with scarecrows... scarecrows everywhere! Yes, fall is scarecrows. So I have scarecrows on the walls, scarecrows on the cabinets, scarecrows on quilts... scarecrows are cool. Scarecrows and pumpkins- best parts of fall.
Speaking of the best parts of fall, here are my top 10 best things about fall:
10. Cooler weather- but still nice enough to be outside, a lot!
9. Football
8. Pumpkins! Need I say more?
7. Scarecrows- come on, they're so cute!
6. Autumn leaves- the colors, the smell, it's delicious!
5. Halloween
4. Thanksgiving
3. The State Fair
2. Anticipating the approaching Christmas Season (yes, I know I said it wasn't a season, so sue me!)
And the number one bestest thing about fall is...
1.The Food!! Pumpkin pies, apple cider, spiced breads and cakes and turkey and soups and .... get the point?
Yes, fall is wonderful. So I greet fall with open arms... even if I am a tad bit early.
No comments:
Post a Comment