The other morning as I was getting ready for work, Ember decided I was apparently too busy to entertain her, so she actually entertained herself (a very rare occurrence). So as I was making breakfast, I hear her barking out in the yard. Since the weather has cooled down, I leave the back door open so she can come in and out at will while I get ready. I peeked out to see what she was barking at and had to grab the camera...
Ember had grabbed her ball and was running around the yard shaking it, throwing it, growling at it, and generally having a blast! You can see the point where she notices me, but she keeps playing by herself instead of bringing the ball to me to throw, again, another unusual behavior for her. But it was fun to watch!
Another toy Ember has out in the yard is this biiiig ball that is almost as big as she is, and we'll usually kick it to get it started, then watch her chase it around the yard, barking like a maniac. Sometimes we'll kick it into the air and she'll chest bump it mid-flight. Superdog!!
Yes, Ember works hard at playing hard. She has springs for legs, the body of a gazelle, and enough energy to power our entire household, and probably a few of the neighbors' as well! (If we could just harness that power for the good of mankind....) She's a lovable fluffball who just wants to share the joy of "fetch" with all her loved ones. Silly pupzillicus.
No comments:
Post a Comment